There are several privacy settings on WordPress that let you decide who has access to your site. You can update these at any point. To do so, go to Dashboard > Settings > Reading and scroll down to Site Visibility.
The options are as follows [with explanations of each option included in square brackets]:
- Allow search engines to index this site [your site is public and will likely show up in a Google search, or similar]
- Discourage search engines from indexing this site [your site is public, but will likely not show up in a search]
- Visible only to registered users of this network [you must have a Bucknell login to access the site; anyone with a Bucknell login can access your site if they have the URL; this is the most common option if you want the site private but you also want to share it within Bucknell]
- Visible only to registered users of this site [you must have a Bucknell login and be added as a User of the site in order to access it]
- Visible only to administrators of this site [you must have a Bucknell login and be added as an Administrator of the site in order to access it]
Important takeaways: The top two options mean that the site is public and the bottom three options mean that you need a Bucknell login in order to access the site. You can update your Site Visibility at any time.